Recommendations after an implant placement
To speed up the healing process, to minimize the possibility of loss of the implant and the occurrence of complications or diseases, the recommendations prescribed by the doctor should be followed
It is important to comply with all recommendations at the stage of the postoperative period, when the oral mucosa is at increased risk of infectious and inflammatory processes. Surgery associated with incisions and sutures is considered a kind of operation. Therefore, a number of rules should be observed:
- Do not eat in the first two hours after surgical procedures;
- After 2 hours, you can eat non-hot liquid or soft foods;
- Do not eat hot food for 2 days after surgery.
- spicy foods, fruits with acid are not recommended;
- Exclude the use of seeds, nuts, chips, crackers;
- Follow a diet and eat foods rich in vitamins and nutrients.
- The first day after surgery do not rinse and avoid touching the site;
- From day 2, on the recommendation of an implant surgeon, do baths (oral irrigation) or rinses;
- From 2 days after surgery, you can brush your teeth with a soft brush, without touching the implantation sites.
- limit physical activity;
- avoid hypothermia;
- exclude smoking and alcohol intake to accelerate the healing process (first two weeks);
- if possible, exclude on the first 3 days of air travel;
- do not strain the muscles of the mouth, cheeks, do not blow your nose, sneeze with your mouth open;
- exclude swimming in the pool, do not go to baths / saunas;
- if possible, exclude diving under water;
Depending on the state of human health and the complexity of the implantation operation, antibiotics and analgetics are prescribed:
- cold locally for 20 minutes. within 2-3 hours after surgery.
- pain medication (nise, nimesil, nurofen, pentalgin, ketanov, ketarol, etc.)
- antibiotic (amoksiclav, tavanic)
- antihistamine (suprastin, tavigil, etc.)
- gel metragil denta + solcoseryl dental paste on the suture area.
- anti-inflammatory therapy;
- oral baths of a solution of chlorhexidine / miramistin starting from the 3rd day;
Contact a doctor immediately if a fever persists, persistent swelling and pain within a week.